Tuesday, January 27, 2009

35 Week Appointment

I had an appointment with the Perinatal Center yesterday to be followed up with Dr. H. Brady took the day off work to go to the appointment with me. I had a rough weekend pregnancy-wise and he wanted to make sure that everything was ok.

We thought that we were just going for some monitoring, but to our surprise we got a growth ultrasound in addition to our regular appointment. The ultrasonographer Krisha was amazing as usual. She took measurements of both the babies. Our girl is a whopping 5lb 11oz! Our boy is 5lb 4oz! I am carrying 11 lbs of baby in this uterus. Both babies are doing great, although they still won't change position, so a c/s it is. Susan performed my NST and was a little concerned about my swelling. She said that I looked quite a bit different from a week ago. I had noticed it as well. Plus, I think I got the "you won't make it another week, I'm surprised you're here" comment a dozen times at church on Sunday. Obviously I was looking like I felt, swollen and crummy.

Dr. H wasn't concerned though. My BP was fine at the office (although it had been high over the weekend), my constant cramping is normal, swelling is normal, etc. The only thing that concerned me, that I didn't mention because I didn't figure it out until later last night was that I gained 6 lbs in one week! That has to be due to all the swelling in my feet, hands and face. So much for great delivery pictures, but at least the water weight will fall off within a couple of days of delivery.

I can't complain (well, I complain just fine actually, but I shouldn't...), things are going well and I've had a great pregnancy. I'm just ready to have these babies. My c/s is scheduled for Tuesday Feb. 17th at 10:45am. I wouldn't mind having them earlier, but Mom won't be here until the 7th, so it will have to be after that. So, only 21 more days. Brady and Mom think I need to take it easy and just rest. Mom says to leave the housework for when she gets here. Can Mom come visit without a spotless house? I think I would have a panic attack.

3 comments:

Paula said...

Hey sis,

I hope you are feeling ok now. Sounds like you had a rough weekend. I wish I lived closer so I could witness this miracle of carrying twins (: I promise to come out some time after they're born to help you out. BTW, do you have any names picked yet? Or is it a secret? love you! Paula

Zann said...

It's kind of a secret, but yes I think we finally have names. :)

Alison and Alyssa said...

I hope you're feeling a little better....hang in there...not too much longer! Oh, and I love the pictures you put on your blog! You all look so cute!