Monday, February 2, 2009

36 Weeks!

Holy smokes. I'm 36 weeks pregnant. Dr. H will not stop these babies from coming out now. What an exciting and frightening thought.

I had more monitoring done at the Perinatal Center today. Wasn't I just there? These weekly appointments are coming really fast. I can't believe we will be holding both babies so soon!

Janet at the PNC asked about the babies movement during the week. I have been a little concerned that I was not feeling baby B move as much as baby A. I could mess with him and then he'd move, but for the most part he was just taking it easy. Or so I thought...the babies were both definitely moving. Of course on the monitor they were crazy active. They both had heart rates in the high 160's and they had accelerations at the same time. A quick peak at the ultrasound showed why. The babies are lying head to head both in my left upper quadrant. My girl (baby A) is still breech with her legs and feet in my lower right quadrant and her arms/hands around my belly button area. My boy (baby B) is transverse with his legs coming around the right side of my abdomen with his feet kicking her feet and his arms/hands in punching distance of her hands. So, all the moving and kicking that I've been feeling has been both babies kicking each other. The slight movement I've felt higher (which I thought was the boy) was actually the twins punching each other. Nice. I'm in for some trouble when these two get here.

I saw Dr. H at the office after my monitoring. My fluid levels are great (around 20), I'm measuring 45 weeks (44 a week ago) and he's happy with how everything is progressing. My BP was borderline, but not a surprise. The best part of the exam is that I lost 5 lbs in one week! So, the crazy 6 lb weight gain last week was a fluke. It had to have been a bunch of water retention. So, I'm still on track with my weight gain goal.

Only 5 more days until Mom flies in from Florida. I figure if I go into labor in the next day or two I'll at least just be getting out of the hospital about the time she will arrive. Yay! I really didn't want to mess up Great Granmother's 90th Birthday party and it looks like at this point Mom will not have to fly in early, so she will definitely be at the party. Phew.

Daddy is out with Carter this afternoon for some special one-on-one time while Mama is hanging out at the house waiting for the UPS guy. It's eerily quiet around here. I am going to relish in the silence for as long as I have it. It won't be long before this peaceful bliss turns into a whirl of baby sounds and smells and activity.

1 comment:

Melynie said...

Congrats on 36 weeks!! I am so excited for you and ALL your babies! You will have such a wonderful household. Love the updates!